Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Disclaimer

For the sarcasm impaired I'd like to go on record as saying that I don't believe what I wrote in my previous post. However, if Mandolin's soliloquy is to be taken at face value, it means that "feminism" no longer means anything. There are no core beliefs which define "feminism"; everything is negotiable.

This is clearly not the case.

I'm going to do the unthinkable and write down a definition of "feminism": Feminism is the belief that every woman has the right to self-determiniation*. It follows from there that some institutions, organizations, persons, creeds, etc. cannot, by definition, be "feminist" because they do not recognize this right. Some of the entites in Mandolin's list certainly fall into this category.


* Thanks to Ani for the succinct wording.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Information Profile for gg00