Monday, January 11, 2010

Bose QuietComfort 15 Headphones

I recently found out that I've lost the upper range of my hearing (lame, but I'll survive) which I attribute, in part, to the fact that I've ridden the bus from Tacoma to Seattle and back everyday for a couple of years. The express busses are pretty noisy to start with and, on top of that, then I end up having to crank my iPod up to nearly full volume in order to hear my music; in retrospect it's easy to see how that might be doing a number on my hearing. So, in order to protect what's left of my hearing, I went out this weekend and bought a set of Boise QuietComfort 15 headphones after reading a review on CNet about noise-cancelling headphones.

Anyhow, I love these things. Right now I'm on the bus listening to Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works 85 - 92, which was generally difficult to do in the past because it's a fairly quiet album. But I've got the volume set to somewhat under 50% and can easily appreciate all the subtleties in the music. Fricking awesome... just as I had no idea how much I appreciated my iPod until after I had to go without it for awhile I now expect that having to ride the bus without my headphones is going to make me cranky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Information Profile for gg00