Monday, September 24, 2018

Wherein Ophelia Benson Demonstrates My Point and Agrees With My Conclusion

Quoth Opehlia:

The calendar pages from June, July and August 1982, which were examined by The New York Times, show that Judge Kavanaugh was out of town much of the summer at the beach or away with his parents. When he was at home, the calendars list his basketball games, movie outings, football workouts and college interviews. A few parties are mentioned but include names of friends other than those identified by Dr. Blasey.
*gasp* What a bombshell! I’m sure he recorded every single name of every single person who was at every single gathering he attended that summer. I’m sure there’s no chance that he could have recorded some people but not all.
Setting aside the wholly-justified question "Who the fuck has calendars from 1982 lying around?", this is exactly what I'm getting on about. The calendar, assuming its legit, is consistent with both scenarios: he did commit sexual assault, and he didn't. What evidence could he produce at this point which would demonstrate, to Ophelia's satisfaction, that he's not guilty?

I would hope that she'd give that question serious consideration, given that she quotes this tweet approvingly:

Juror: The testimony I hear at trial won’t change my vote.
Judge: You may be excused.

Graham: Ford’s testimony won’t change my vote https://t.co/eddpEFdsSP via @politico

— Richard W. Painter (@RWPUSA) September 23, 2018

If it's true that Graham should be willing to be convinced by Ford's testimony then it's equally true that Ophelia should be willing to be swayed by Kavanaugh's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Information Profile for gg00