Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Next Steps Now That The Good Guys Are In Charge

I had a conversation with a friend of mine recently who asked me if I supported the Republicans or the Democrats. After making the obligatory disclaimer regarding my distaste for the two-party system I revealed, drumroll please, that I was in favor of the Democrats. My rationale for this stance is that yes, the Democrats are full of people with wacky ideas, but those ideas are usually grounded in some apprehension of the "real world". The Republicans, on the other hand, are full of people with wacky ideas that are grounded in supernatural revelation and similar irrationalities. Briefly, I think its more likely that Democrats can be swayed by reason; its really hard to argue with someone whose main justification is "God says so". So the next step, now that we have the helm, is to chat amongst ourselves about the things that we believe in. Frankly, I'm a lot more interested in that process (and expect to write about it more frequently) than I am in reiterating the latest list of atrocities over which I have no control. Additionally, us little folk have an obligation to start calling people out within our ranks early and often when we catch them being naughty. For example, the Governor-Elect of Massachusetts may have some issues with the First Amendment; let's keep an eye on him, shall we? Joy... let the games being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Information Profile for gg00