Saturday, February 06, 2010

The Idiocy of Bureaucracy: New York Edition

You know why the government shouldn't run things? They've got no incentive to do things right even when it's in their best interest. I was going to pay my Monroe County property taxes online this morning; I figured I'd save myself the hassle of writing a check and save them the hassle of processing it. Then they wanted to charge me a $62 "service fee" to process the transaction online.

Ok, let me get this straight... I lower your processing costs and you're going to charge me $62 for the privilege? Idiots. What I suspect is happening here is that their credit card processor, eznetpay, is charging them a 3% transaction fee and they're just passing it on. It's almost like the people in charge of online payments for Monroe County don't care if people actually use the service. Hello, negotiate a flat rate already? You're a county, you ought to be big enough.

So, I'll be writing checks this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Information Profile for gg00